The Office of the Clerk supports the activities of the Clerk of the House of Assembly in all parliamentary and administrative matters. It also provides support services to all Committees and full administrative support to the House of Assembly . This includes providing advice to the Speaker on all matters, developing and distributing House briefing materials and implementing all House decisions.
The Clerk of the House of AssemblyThe Clerk is the non-partisan, Permanent Secretary of the House of Assembly. In that capacity, the Clerk exercises responsibilities as Chief Parliamentary Advisor and Chief Administrative Officer. Duties of the Clerk as Chief Parliamentary Advisor include:
- Advising the Speaker and Members of the House on parliamentary procedure;
- Interpreting the Standing Orders, House Rules and usages of the House;
- Ensuring preparation of the Order Paper and Minutes of the proceedings of the House, and the safekeeping of papers and records of the House;
- Formulating, executing and reviewing the administrative policies of the Legislature;
- Implementation of the of the decisions of the House.